Friday, April 16, 2010

Questions Answered


I love looking up galleries and artists online to not only see their work but to read their artists statements.  A brilliant artists statement really gives you an opportunity to really "see" a person and understand their process.  I've never sat down with a pen and paper to write one for myself but I sometimes try to write it in my mind and I can never get past the second or third sentence.  How am I supposed to write about myself?  I don't want to speak highly of myself, because that comes off as being conceited.  Is humble but passionate the way to go?  I stumbled upon a blog of a woman quite similar to me...  she does photography and makes pendents with her photography.  She also happens to be a stay at home mom.  So she wrote a list of questions: Does your artwork have a theme to it?  What does creating art mean to you?  What goals do you have for yourself as an artist?  Is there a special technique or process you have to make your work unique?  
Maybe it's time to break out the tape recorder and just talk.  Somethings got to come out of that... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment